Hillside Remote Cottage near Tighnabruaich offers a “REAL escape” from the 21st Century hussle bussle. This 2 Bedroom Remote Cottage, does not have central heating let alone electricity, however the cottage is beautifully constructed, maintained and insulated with thick stone walls and as much fresh mountain spring water as you need. Unlimited Fire wood is provided for the back boiler Stove and Open Fires, along with lamp oil & candles. A Gas cooker & back up heating is also provided. The Cottage is accessed by a good but remote single track road 2 miles from the main road and usually accessible without difficulty throughout the Winter. This is the perfect place to enjoy a different type of family Break, or Write a Book, take stock of Life or walk the foothills and live with nature.
- Availability and Online Bookings
Remote Rustic Single Storey Countryside Cottage with Stunning Views
Yes this Cottage is Pet Friendly a £10 supplement applies.
Owners Direct Website Remote Highland Country Cottage
- Sleeps 5 people
- 1 bathroom with WC and Wash Basin
- 1 Double Bedroom with Open Fire
- 1 x Twin Bedroom
- Kitchen with Sink, Gas Cooker, Ice Box, Pots Pans, and Storage Facility
- Sitting Room with Stove
- Dining Table and 4 chairs
- Conservatory – Sun Room
- Bedding and Towels included
- Stunning Countryside Views and Distant Sea Views
Hire charges include all Solid Fuel, Candles Gas, Towels and Bedding. The kitchen Gas Oven / Hob, Ice Box, Gas kettle. Other essentials such as glasses, crockery, cutlery and a corkscrew are also provided for your convenience.
- Local Area
- The nearest Restaurant / Inn is 2 miles away
- The nearest local village with Shops, Restaurants and Services 2 miles miles away.
- The nearest major town with High Street shops, Supermarkets is Dunoon 20 miles
- The nearest golf course is 2 miles away
- 2 miles away to the Sea, Harbour and sailing Boats
- Scenic Country Walks from the Cottage in all directions
Dunoon and the Cowal peninsula offer you “Scotland in Miniature” the most populated area of Lochs, Forest Trails, Walkways, Spectacular Scenery, Gardens, Castles and Wildlife in the whole of Scotland, all crammed into a area of just 35 x 25 miles! Making touring the attractions simple and economical. Also a wide range of sporting activities including golf, fishing, pleasure cruises, mountain-biking, cycling, organised horse riding and of course sailing and other water-based sports. For the walker choose from Seaside / Loch side trails to Woodland forest trails through what is accepted as the most beautiful scenic area of Scotland, notably Pucks Glen, Glenbranter and the magnificent world renowned “Benmore Botanic Gardens”.