Isle of Lewis
Valasay Cottage offers a truly unique Holiday on the West Coast of the Isle of Lewis. Enjoying an elevated location close to the water on Great Bernera, Isle of Lewis. The Cottage has stunning Sea and Skyescape views and enjoys all modern self catering Luxury, including Log Fire and Central heating and is close to a village with local supplies – within close proximity are some beautiful Beaches, the Callanish Standing Stones and the Black House Village, on the popular West Coast of Lewis.
The cottage is reached by crossing a footbridge over Tob Bhalasaigh (Valasay Bay / Cove). Tob Bhalasaigh is designated as a priority site of special scientific interest as a sheltered lagoon with a rare mixture of seaweeds only found in this unusual mix of salt and fresh water. Otters are frequently seen, both in the Tob and along the seashore.
Harris and Lewis have just been voted (by TripAdvisor) the best island location in the British Isles and in the top 5 in the World.
Single Storey Detached Cottage with semi-enclosed Gardens, Stunning Sea views
Pets welcome – a supplement of £10 per stay.
Owners Direct Website Isle of Lewis Holiday Cottage
- Sleeps 4 people
- Bathroom – Bath with shower over, WC, Wash Basin
- 1 Double Bedroom
- 1 x Twin Bunk bedroom
- Fully Fitted Kitchen
- Oven, Hob, Microwave, Washing Machine
- Sitting Room with TV / DVD and Log Fire
- Dining Table and 4 chairs
- Semi Enclosed Gardens
- Fully Double glazed with full Storage heating throughout
- Bedding and Towels included
- Large Enclosed Garden
- Stunning Sea Views
Hire charges include all Heating, Electricity, Towels and Bedding. The fitted kitchen includes Oven / Hob, Washing / Drying machine, kettle, Microwave, Toaster, Fridge with ice box. Other essentials such as glasses, crockery, cutlery and a corkscrew are also provided for your convenience.
- Local Area
- The nearest Restaurant and Inn is 2 miles away
- The nearest local village with Shops and basic Services is 2 miles away.
- The nearest larger town with shops, Supermarkets is Stornoway 20 miles
- The nearest golf course is Stornoway 20 miles away
- The Gearrannan Blackhouse Village 30 minutes drive
- The Callanish Standing Stones 20 minutes Drive
- The nearest access to the Sea is 20 metres away
- Scenic Walks from the Cottage in all directions
Within this area you can take unlimited walks in all directions, see abundant wildlife, mountains, scenery and beautiful sunsets. You can sun bathe on deserted golden beaches and swim in surprisingly warm sea due to the tropical “gulf stream” passing through this Island. Within a few minutes walk from this cottage you have the benefit and pleasure of all the usual Scottish village amenities.
Harris and Lewis have an abundance of wildlife from sharks and dolphins to Golden eagles and Corncrakes. You can also see Otters, Seals, Porpoises, Gannets, Peregrines, Arctic Terns, Cormorants, Buzzards.
- Availability and Online Bookings
For Further General information please complete the short form below and we will respond ASAP