The Bay Cottage
This cosy former fisherman’s cottage is full of Character and offers cosy holiday accommodation and views over Loch Fyne in the pretty village of Strachur Argyll.
Off the beaten track this is a a beautiful area to unwind and relax. The Bay Cottage can accommodate 4 persons. There are 2 bedrooms (a double & a twin).The log burning stove creates a cosy atmosphere. There is a rear garden and parking available to the front. There is a shop/diner across the road and The Creggins Inn is a short walk from the cottage.
Other things to note – The stairway to the bedrooms is narrow and the bedroom ceilings are low for anyone over 6ft 3
The Cottage is within walking distance of a village shop, café and petrol station and also within easy reach (20 mile radius) Botanical Gardens, Forest and Lochside trails, Castles, Boat Trips, Golf Courses, Island Hopping and the main town of Dunoon its high street Shops Restaurants and traditional Inn’s – with a fairly regularly bus service from the village.
- Availability and Online Bookings
2 Bedroom 2 storey Terrace Cottage with enclosed rear court yard and Loch views
Yes Pets welcome a supplement of £10 per pet per stay.
Owners Direct Website The Bay Cottage Strachur Loch Fyne
- Two Storey Former Fisherman’s Cottage
- Bay / Lochside location 100 yards to Shore
- Living room and Kitchen diner with Log Burning Stove
- 1 Double Bedrooms & 1 Twin Bedroom
- Bathroom with Shower over, W.C and Washbasin
- Full Kitted Kitchen including Oven / Hob, Fridge / Freezer, Microwave and Washing Machine
- Lounge with Sofas TV / DVD
- Electric Storage Central Heating
- Free Car Parking
- Bedding and Towels Supplied
- Free WiFi
- Pets Welcome with enclosed Back Yard
- Inn village shop Restaurant 0.5 mile
Hire charges include all Heating, Electricity and Bedding. The fitted kitchen includes Oven / Hob, Washing / Drying machine, kettle, Microwave, Toaster, Fridge / Freezer. Other essentials such as glasses, crockery, cutlery and a corkscrew are also provided for your convenience.
- Local Area
- The nearest pub / Inn’s is 1 miles away
- The nearest local village with Shops and basic Services is 1 mile away.
- The nearest major town with High Street shops, Supermarkets is Dunoon 17 miles
- The nearest golf course is 5 mile aways
- The train station is 20 miles away
- Just 30 meters from the Watersedge
- Lochside and hillwalks from the doorstep
Dunoon and the Cowal peninsula offer you “Scotland in Miniature” the most populated area of Lochs, Forest Trails, Walkways, Spectacular Scenery, Gardens, Castles and Wildlife in the whole of Scotland, all crammed into a area of just 35 x 25 miles! Making touring the attractions simple and economical. Also a wide range of sporting activities including golf, fishing, pleasure cruises, mountain-biking, cycling, organised horse riding and of course sailing and other water-based sports. For the walker choose from Seaside / Loch side trails to Woodland forest trails through what is accepted as the most beautiful scenic area of Scotland, notably Pucks Glen, Glenbranter and the magnificent world renowned “Benmore Botanic Gardens”.