Far North Cottage
Brough near Thurso
A beautiful Detached Coastal Cottage on Scotland’s Far North Coast. Dunnet Head is Scotlands most Northerely point and this unique former Croft Cottage with large enclosed garden is the furthest North Detached Cottage on the Scottish mainland, enjoying spectacular open views of the Pentland firth, Scapa flow and Orkney Isles. Far North Cottage is unique and full of character but also enjoys many luxuries including en-suite master bedroom, bathroom with observation skylight windows, 2 person Jacuzzi bath, Sauna and Free WIFI.
Also front Conservatory for clear Sea, Night Sky and Eagle Watching. Full Electric heating, Coal / Wood Stove, further family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath. All bedrooms all with tv / dvd. This cottage forms the perfect base for exploring Caithness, Sutherland, the North Coast, Cape Wrath and Orkney.
- Availability and Online Bookings
3 Bedroom Unique detached Cottage with large enclosed Gardens, Stunning Sea and Orkney Islands views
Lowest season £395 per week.
High season £725 per week.
Yes Pets welcome a supplement of £10 per pet per stay.
Owners Direct Website Self Catering Dunnet Head Caithness
- Sleeps 6 people
- Private Hot Tub (£100 Per Week Supplement)
- En-suite Bathroom with 2 person Jacuzzi bath and shower, WC, Wash Basin and 2 person Sauna
- Second family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, Shower, WC and Wash Basin
- Small upstairs WC and Wash Basin
- 1 x Master en-suite Double Bedroom with TV / DVD
- 1 x upstairs Double Bedroom with TV / DVD
- 1 x upstairs Twin Bedroom with TV / DVD
- Fully Fitted Kitchen
- Oven, Hob, Microwave, Washing Machine, Fridge Freezer
- Sitting Room with TV / DVD and Stove
- Dining Table and 6 chairs
- Enclosed Gardens
- Fully Double glazed with full Storage heating throughout
- Bedding and Towels included
- Large Conservatory
- FREE WIFI
- Stunning Sea Views
Hire charges include all Heating, Electricity, Towels and Bedding. The fitted kitchen includes Oven / Hob, Washing / Drying machine, kettle, Microwave, Toaster, Fridge / Freezer, Iron and ironing board, TV DVD. Other essentials such as glasses, crockery, cutlery and a corkscrew are also provided for your convenience.
- Local Area
- The nearest pub / Inn’s is 3 miles away
- The nearest local village with Shops and basic Services are 5 miles away.
- The nearest major town with High Street shops, Supermarkets is Thurso 10 miles
- The nearest golf course is 10 miles away
- The train station is 10 miles away
- The nearest sandy Beach is 3 miles away
- Brough Bay and it’s Seals sea birds and Puffins 1/4 mile
The areas of Caithness and Sutherland form Scotland’s northern wilderness offering superb panoramic mountain views and stunning scenery. Their scenery varies from wild cliffs and tiny islands to lonely moorland and remote golden sandy beaches. You will find Majestic castles like Dunrobin, Old Wick and Girnigoe, dozens of ancient monuments, quality tweeds and woollens, whisky distilleries such as Clynelish Distillery. Plus tree-lined twisting roads, spectacular bays, pretty harbours and foaming rivers rich in Brown Trout and Salmon.
At least 42 different species of bird have been seen in the Cottage Garden’s, also living with you during your stay on and around this most beautiful peninsula are Puffins, Eagles, Great Skua, Ravens, Rock Dove, Twite and of course deer. If you want to see, Kingfishers, Otters, Seals, Dolphins, whales and a whole host of other wildlife, simply take a 1/4 mile stroll from the cottage down the single track road to “Brough bay”
For Further General information please complete the short form below and we will respond ASAP