Huna near John o Groats
Offering stunning Sea Views this beautifully refurbished former black Smiths Cottage is located at the waters edge on the Far North Scottish Coast. The Smiddy now restored to provide comfortable self catering Accommodation with all Modern Luxury keeping as many of it’s original features as possible.
Originally the Smiddy served the local communities of John O’Groats and Canisbay as well as the island of Stroma seen from the Windows, however the last blacksmith extinguished his forge for the final time about sixty years ago ! The modern day Luxury Smiddy Cottage sleeps 4 up to 5 people in two Double Bedrooms (both en-suites) with full floor, wall and loft insulation, Central heating and a new roof (utilising the original Caithness roof slates) there is a also a Luxury kitchen extension and the gardens of the cottage slope down to the waters edge.
- Availability and Online Bookings
Original Former Blacksmiths Cottage with Sea Views
Really sorry this Cottage is NOT Pet Friendly.
Owners Direct Website Sea View Cottage John o Groats
- Sleeps 4 up to 5 people
- Off road parking for up to 2 cars
- 2 en-suite Double Bedrooms
- Free WiFi
- Luxury fitted Kitchen facility, Sink, Fridge / Freezer, Oven / Hob, Microwave
- Additional portable Bed for 5th Person
- Dining Table and 4 chairs
- Bedding and Towels included
- Central Heating throughout
- Sea Views Views
Hire charges include all Heating, Electricity and Bedding. The kitchen has Oven / Hob, Fridge, kettle, Microwave. Other essentials such as glasses, crockery, cutlery and a corkscrew are also provided for your convenience.
- Local Area
- The nearest Restaurant / Inn is 1.5 miles away
- The nearest local town / village with Shops, Restaurants and Services 12 miles miles away.
- The nearest major town with High Street shops, Supermarkets is Wick 14 miles
- The nearest golf course is 14 miles away
- 20 metres away from the Seashore
- Coastal walks from the Cottage
- The front windows have Sea Views of the Pentland Firth, the Isles of Orkney and Hoy and perfect for the early sun rises. This cottage forms the perfect base for exploring Caithness, Sutherland, the North Coast, Cape Wrath and Orkney. From March to September Breeding Puffins live here and once a month on average the famous and mysterious Northern lights are seen too !