The Abbey Green New Abbey
Dumfries and Galloway
The Abbey Green is a beautiful newly restored Grade C listed holiday cottage and enjoys a picture postcard position in a cobbled square within the conservation village of New Abbey Dumfries and Galloway, perfect for a relaxing break or great location and touring base all of the South West of Scotland.
There is a quiet country pub and a shop within the square, together with an award winning cafe just 300 metres from the cottage, perfect for those who don’t want to cook. The village shop is well stocked and you are able to get everything you need, including a nice bottle of wine.
- Availability and Online Bookings
Yes well behaved Pets welcome a supplement of £10 per pet per stay applies.
- Character Grade C listed Cottage sleeps up to 3 people
- Rural village square location
- 1 Double zip link Bedroom & 1 Single Bedroom
- Fully fitted kitchen including Oven / Hob, Dishwasher, Fridge, Microwave, Washing / Dryer
- Sitting Room with Sofa TV / DVD
- Dining Table and 3 Chairs
- Central Heating and Open Fire
- Bedding and Towels included – A high chair is available
- TV / DVD & CD Player
- Wet room bathroom with W/C and Washbasin
- Free parking and Bike Store
- Private Garden
- Free Broadband WiFi
- Pets Welcome
Hire charges include all Heating, Electricity, Towels and Bedding. The fitted kitchen includes Oven / Hob, Washing / Drying machine, Fridge, kettle, Microwave, Toaster. Other essentials such as glasses, crockery, cutlery and a corkscrew are also provided for your convenience.
- Local Area
- Inn village shop Restaurant 200 yards
- Coast and Beaches 3 miles away
- The nearest major town with High Street shops, Supermarkets is Dumfries 7 miles
- The nearest golf course is 5 miles away
- The nearest bus route is 500 metres away
The South Scottish Solway coast is approximately 3 miles from the cottage and is peppered with beautiful beaches, some are stoney others have miles of golden sand. The best Sandy Beach is called Sandyhills approx 9 miles from the cottage and there are also numerous historical sites, country pub,shop, café, links golf course, m/biking,walking,beaches all on your door step.
So time to let this most inspiring part of Scotland go to work on you breath fresh air, enjoy country walks, watch Buzzards and Eagles glide. Discover the History of Scotland, take a trip to the coast and listen to the crash of the waves, look out to the horizon and see Ireland, England and the Isle of Man, silhouetted against the setting sun.
For Further General information about this cottage and many more cottages in Scotland please complete the short form below and we will respond promptly